Thursday, May 16, 2019

Today was kind of a rest day. I did not get home until like one in the morning from the recording studio. Last night was such a cool and intimidating experience. I was kept in a glass soundproof room along with my guitar and a huge setup of microphones and instruments for most of the time, meanwhile Bob the Producer was in the other room along with my mom and my mentor, Brian. I was in that room for hours. I played guitar so many times I couldn't say how many tracks I had recorded because of the amount of mistakes I had made, it took forever. On top of that I didn't even sing until all the guitar tracks were done so I had to sing on a whole bunch of tracks which also took up quite a bit of time but it was fun. I also got to play around with harmony. After all that was done Bob had set levels and mixed the music for us and put it on a CD and sent it to me through DropBox. I am now currently downloading the music and figuring out a way to present it for Express Fest. It is now six at night and I have been working on scheduling times at staples to print my CD jacket covers and burn music to disks. Next couple days I will probably be figuring out how I will be presenting my senior project aside from actually performing one of the songs. Total amount of hours working today is two. Here are some photos and videos from last nights recording session!









1 comment:

  1. Ivy!! The process has been a very very busy and labor intensive experience for Sure! I am deeply thrilled for you in this process, because you are realizing so much about music and you and also bringing such a dear project to life. Seeing the photos is so important to the blog. Well done in Every thing!!

    ReplyDelete

Here is a blog for Saturday! I was initially going to take Saturday off but I was printing album covers and burning CD's at Staples. I s...