Sunday, May 19, 2019

Week three has been so exhausting but I had such a fun time recording and creating the final product. I recorded two days this week for very long periods of time. I recorded on Monday from nine to one in the afternoon at PMAC, Portsmouth Music and Arts Center, and Wednesday from six one in the morning at the Bob Cat Recording Studio. Both of the recording places were so different from each other. At PMAC I was set up in a huge room with fantastic acoustics. There were microphones set at my guitar and myself and It was more of a live type of recording. I would play and sing at the same time and so all tracks would be recorded at once. Versus the Bob Cat Recording Studio I was set up in a chair and a microphone on my guitar but my guitar was also plugged in. I actually wore headphones and when it came to singing I was set up at a different microphone standing up. I wasn’t recording everything at once so the recordings took longer but I am extremely happy with the recordings that I got out of the experience. I think that from using both recording spaces I felt very intimidated especially when I was recording at the Bob Cat Recording Studio. It was just the feeling of being in a large glass box with people both watching and hearing everything I did, I did not want to mess up. I probably messed up so many times that I was in that studio for so much longer than I thought I would be, but again I am so happy with my final product. I have learned that with producing music you have to have the patience for it. I feel like I am a pretty patient person but when it came to making tracks over and over again, or punching in chords I could not get I got pretty frustrated because I just wanted to get it right and done with. I have never been or felt so frustrated and impatient about anything in my life. I feel like that was a pretty big takeaway from the experience. I now have the recordings done and all that is left to do is practice for the performance and get everything together for my final presentation. Combining all three weeks together I have officially completed 100 hours on my Senior Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is a blog for Saturday! I was initially going to take Saturday off but I was printing album covers and burning CD's at Staples. I s...