Sunday, May 12, 2019

Week two was pretty hectic in the beginning. The thing was I was just getting more and more nervous about practicing the songs and whether I would be able to get the songs down by the end of this week.  Adding to that I had to be playing the songs along with the metronome. It was hard but I was able to find and keep a steady beat for each song on the metronome, and that probably took me at least two days to get used to. I got all of that done and I feel very confident and proud of the progress that was made this week. I had practiced so many hours a day that it eventually become muscle memory. On top of that I have all the lyrics to each song memorized which is a huge deal cause my original goal was to just play just the instrumental part of each song along with the metronome and not have all the songs done.
I met with Brian at least two times this week and he helped me just go over all the songs multiple times which was what really helped me with the memorization of the songs. He helped me perfect the little mistakes I kept having for instance forgetting a chord or accidentally adding a chord that wasn’t supposed to be in the song originally.  He helped me with the little things that gave me so much trouble in the beginning of this week and with the help of him I am now able to find my way around the little mistakes that I still occasionally make.
Another thing that I had gotten done is the template for my album cover, I played around with photoshop, put the photos I want to be together for the front and back and am now in the process of writing credits and thank yous for everyone that has been helping throughout the entire process. Totalling the hours this week I have spent a full forty hours on practicing and perfecting everything. Next steps are to finish writing my credits and thank yous as well as practicing more for Monday and Wednesday night. So excited to be creating the final product of my Senior Project next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is a blog for Saturday! I was initially going to take Saturday off but I was printing album covers and burning CD's at Staples. I s...